Nevertheless, I'm here with a delicious recipe to share! On Superbowl Sunday I was craving something sweet, and I decided it had been far too long since I had baked cookies, so I went to work. I came up with this yummy chewy chocolate chip and toffee cookie recipe and thought it was worth sharing :)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tbsp butter (half melted/softened)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 palm full of toffee bits
Other: baking sheets, two spoons, electric mixer/spatula
Oven temperature: 325 degrees
Cook Time: ~12 mins
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in one bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk. Mix together and add melted/softened butter.
- Once the ingredients have been mixed so that there are no large chunks, slowly add the dry ingredients from the other bowl.
- Mix (I mix with an electric mixer) until batter does not have large chunks in it.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Add toffee bits.
- Enjoy licking spatula/mixer heads.
- With two spoons, scoops 1.5-2in chunks onto a cookie sheet. I evenly spaced 9 cookies per sheet so they have enough space, as they do melt and get pretty big.
- Place cookies in pre-heated oven for 10 mins; keeping an eye on them for another two minutes. Cookies should look soft in the center (but not wet) and slightly brown (but not obviously)
- Take out cookies and let sit for 5-10 mins.
This is by far my favorite recipe and I hope you all think it's just as awesome! Enjoy!
Oh, also. I thought this was too cute not to include. :)